We're proud to announce the release of SonicOS 5.9 firmware for our 5th Generation firewalls including the TZ, Network Security Appliance (NSA) and E-Class NSA Next-Generation Firewall (NGFWs). SonicOS 5.9 delivers more than 45 new features that address small business as well as distributed enterprise requirements. These features enhance the security, networking and high-availability capabilities provided by already-deployed Dell SonicWALL firewalls, increasing the value of firewalls deployed as far back as 2007. Additionally, SonicOS 5.9 now offers threat prevention, intrusion prevention and application control for IPv6-enabled networks.
SonicOS 5.9 highlights include:
- Support for YouTube for Schools. YouTube Education provides schools access to hundreds of thousands of free educational videos from a number of respected organizations. Educators can now customize and filter the specific content they want to make available in their schools.
- Numerous security enhancements such as additional UDP/ICMP flood protection (DoS), support for SHA256 in IPsec (VPN), SNMPv3, and regular expression matching, to name a few.
- Numerous (20+) stability and feature enhancements to wireless including support for FairNet and Guest Administration.
- Added support for 4G WAN fail over to a number of USB modems (previously only supported 3G).
- Added support for IPv6. We now support IPv4, IPv6 and mixed environments. We support this not only at a networking level but also with our anti malware and intrusion prevention system (security for IPv6 traffic).
Dell SonicWALL customers with valid support contracts for SonicWALL Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) or Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances can download SonicOS 5.9 from MySonicWALL.com at no additional cost.