The SonicWALL NSA 2400 is ideal for small- to medium-sized corporate and branch office environments concerned about throughput capacity and performance
The SonicWALL® Network Security Appliance (NSA) Series applies next-generation Unified Threat Management (UTM) against a comprehensive array of attacks, combining intrusion prevention, anti-virus and anti-spyware with the application-level control of SonicWALL Application Intelligence. With advanced routing, stateful high-availability and high-speed VPN technology, the NSA Series adds security, reliability, functionality and productivity to branch offices, central sites and distributed mid-enterprise networks, while minimizing cost and complexity.
Features of NSA 2400Deep Packet Inspection & Multi-Threat Protection
• Patented Reassembly-free Deep Packet Inspection (RFDPI) technology
• Fully integrated deep packet inspection firewall, including gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, and application firewall for perimeter and internal protection
• Application Firewall feature-set for Application inspection and control
• Automated and Dynamic Security Updates
• High-performance 2-core Architecture
• 775 Mbps Firewall Stateful Throughput
• 300 Mbps 3DES and AES VPN Throughput1
• 150 Mbps Full Unified Threat Management (UTM) Inspection
• Six (6) 10/100/1000 Copper Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
Networking & Complete Business Continuity
• Business application prioritization & QoS
• Stateful Active/Passive Failover, ISP Failover, and WAN Redundancy
• Integrated Server Load Balancing Feature-set
Integration & Simplified Management
• Integrated Network Security Policy and Management
• Next-Generation Streamlined GUI
• Powerful Wizards - Set-up, Firewall Policies, VPN, NAT
• Branch Office and Department Network Applications
• Transparent L2 Bridge Mode
• Integrated Secure Wireless Switch Deployment
Flexible, Customizable Deployment Options:
Technical Specification of NSA 2400
|SonicOS Version||SonicOS Enhanced 5.0|
|Stateful Throughput*||775 Mbps|
|GAV Performance||160 Mbps|
|IPS Performance||275 Mbps|
|UTM Throughput||150 Mbps|
|IMIX Performance||235 Mbps|
|Denial of Service Attack Prevention||22 classes of DoS, DDoS and scanning attacks|
|3DES/AES Throughput*||300 Mbps|
|Encryption||DES, 3DES, AES (128, 192, 256-bit), MD5, SHA-1|
|Key Exchange||IKE, IKEv2, Manual Key, PKI (X.509)|
|Certificate Support||Verisign, Thawte, Cybertrust, RSA Keon, Entrust, and Microsoft CA for SonicWALL-to-SonicWALL VPN|
|Dead Peer Detection||Yes|
|DHCP Over VPN||Yes|
|IPSec NAT Traversal||Yes|
|Redundant VPN Gateway||Yes|
|Global VPN Client Platforms Supported||Microsoft® Windows 2000, Windows XP, Microsoft® Vista 32-bit|
|IP Address Assignment||Static, (DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP and PPTP client), Internal DHCP server, DHCP relay|
|NAT Modes||1:1, 1:many, many:1, many:many, flexible NAT (overlapping IPs), PAT, transparent mode|
|Policy-based Routing||OSPF, RIPv1/v2, static routes, policy-based routing, Multicast|
|Authentication||XAUTH/RADIUS, Active Directory, SSO, LDAP, internal user database|
|DDNS||Support for services offered by the following dynamic DNS providers: dynds.org, yi.org, no-ip.com and changeip.com|
|VoIP||Full H.323v1-5, SIP, gatekeeper support, outbound bandwidth management, VoIP over WLAN, deep inspection security, full interoperability with most VoIP gateway and communications devices|
|Management and Monitoring||Web GUI (HTTP, HTTPS), Command Line (SSH, Console), SNMP v2: Global management with SonicWALL GMS|
|Logging and Reporting||ViewPoint, Local Log and Syslog|
|Load Balancing||Yes, with percent-based, round robin and spill-over3|
|Interfaces||(6) 10/100/1000 Copper Gigabit Ports, 1 Console Interface, 2 USB (Future Use)|
|Flash Memory||512 MB Compact Flash|
|Power Input||100-240V, 60-50Hz|
|Max Power Consumption||42 W|
|Total Heat Dissipation||144 BTU|
|Certifications (Pending)||ICSA Firewall 4.1, Common Criteria EAL-4+, FIPS 140-2|
|Dimensions||7.125 x 1.5 x 10.5 in/|
|Weight||8.05 lbs/ 3.65 kg|
|Major Regulatory Compliance||FCC Class B, ICES Class B, CE, C-Tick, VCCI Class B, MIC, NOM, UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CB, WEEE, ROHS (TZ 180/190)|
|Environment||40-105° F, 5-40° C|
* Testing Methodologies: Maximum performance based on RFC 2544 (for firewall). Actual performance may vary depending on network conditions and activated services. VPN throughput UDP traffic at 1418 byte packet size adhering to RFC 2544. UTM performance is based on HTTP tests run on the Spirent Avalanche/Reflector. Testing done with multiple flows through multiple port pairs. ** Only with the NSA 240 Series Stateful HA and Expansion Upgrade
Secure upgrade Plus
Secure Upgrade Plus for SonicWALL Upgrades or Competitive Replacements. Includes 2 or 3-year Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite Subscription. The SonicWALL Secure Upgrade Program offers aggressive discounts on purchases of registered SonicWALL products
All SonicWALL Secure Upgrade solutions offer RFDPI firewall and VPN technologies with integrated gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, and intrusion prevention, enforced desktop anti-virus, content filtering and secure wireless capabilities. NSA and E-Class NSA solutions also offer the ultra-high-performance advantage of multi-core processor platforms. Unlike stateful packet inspection solutions, SonicWALL's RFDPI solution handles unlimited file sizes and virtually hundreds of thousands of concurrent downloads, providing ultimate scalability and performance for growing networks.
CGSS Services At a Glance
Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusion Prevention, Application Intelligence Service
• Real-time gateway anti-virus engine that scans for viruses, worms, Trojans and other Internet threats in real-time.
• Dynamic spyware protection blocks the installation of malicious spyware and disrupts existing spyware communications.
• Powerful intrusion prevention protects against an array of network-based threats such as worms, Trojans and other malicious code.
• Application Intelligence provides application classification and policy enforcement.
• Dynamically updated signature database for continuous threat protection.
Filtering Service (CFS)
• Comprehensive content filtering provides control of internal access to inappropriate, unproductive and potentially illegal Web content.
• Web site ratings cached locally on SonicWALL network security appliances make response time to frequently visited sites virtually instantaneous.
• Dynamically rate pages that are not in the database and automatically populate the database for future access. Only available in Content Filtering Service Premium Edition.
ViewPoint Reporting Software
• Comprehensive set of graphical reports provide visibility into suspicious activity and employee productivity.
• “At-a-glance” reporting provides a customizable view that illustrates multiple summary reports on a single page.
• Compliance reporting gives administrators the capability to generate and view reports that fulfill compliance requirements.
• Software and firmware updates and upgrades maintain network security to keep your solution as good as new.
• Around-the-clock access to telephone, email and Web-based support for basic configuration and troubleshooting assistance.
• Advance Exchange hardware replacement in the event of failure.
• Annual subscription to SonicWALL’s Service Bulletins and access to electronic support tools and moderated discussion groups.