Welcome to the Firewalls.com forums.

Question How to access sonicpoint via LDAP authentication

I have SonicWall NSA E5500. I want to use LDAP authentication to access my sonicpoint. Is it possible to use that for my AUTHENTICATION only not for others?

I want to do this because I have only one sonicwall which I am using in my network and if I take it offline then would be a problem. I want to test my sonicpoint that isnít online yet.Any suggestions?

Firewalls.com Employee Brian Reed's Avatar
    Hi

It seems that you would like to require your wireless users to authenticate with their LDAP account when connecting to the SonicPoint; however, you are not interested in requiring this same authentication piece for the wired network.

If this is what you want, the SonicPoints support WPA/2-EAP. This authentication method requires that you have a Radius server; the following document should help with that configuration.

UTM: How to setup WPA-EAP (Protected EAP or PEAP) on the SonicWALL firewall with Microsoft IAS
    https://www.fuzeqna.com/sonicwallkb/....asp?kbid=7074

The SonicWALL can be configured to require LDAP authentication with the SonicPoint by taking the following steps:
    - Login to the SonicWALL
    - Expand the SonicPoint menu
    - Navigate to the SonicPoints page
    - Edit the Provisioning Profile or SonicPoint Object
    - Select the 802.11n Radio tab
    - Choose either WPA-EAP, WPA2-EAP, WPA2-AUTO-EAP
    - Save the profile or object

I hope this helps.