Features of Watchguard XTM 1500 Series Firewalls
With up to 25 Gbps firewall throughput and a blazing 10 Gbps VPN throughput, XTM 1525 Series next-generation firewalls are the answer to the large business's need for speed. The exceptional performance also allows you to integrate functions that previously required separate stand-alone appliances, so your business can securely run at maximum speed and efficiency at a lower cost. VPN failover, WAN failover, and High Availability features ensure that mission-critical data keeps flowing. Real-time monitoring and rich reporting are included at no additional cost. Flexible mobile VPN options enable your road warriors, virtual employees, collaborators, and other authorized users to connect to corporate resources from anywhere, at any time -- even from personal devices like the popular Android and Apple iOS devices. You no longer have to sacrifice work-from-anywhere productivity to keep the network safe from threats. The XTM 1520 and 1525 are next-generation firewalls that provide unparalleled visibility into real-time and historical user, network, and security activities. Application Control:
- Provides global and policy-based monitoring and blocking of over 1,800 unique web and business applications for greater productivity and enhanced security.
- Empower administrators to exercise fine-grained control over hundreds of applications, and understand which applications are being used and by whom, by using over 2,500 signatures and advanced behavioral techniques.
- With this fully integrated security subscription, IT Administrators can enforce acceptable use policies for users and groups by category, application, and application sub-functions. For example, they can define a policy that allows the marketing department to access Facebook, but not Facebook games.
Intrusion Prevention Service:
- Identify malware and allow, block or log questionable traffic based on type, user/group, protocol and severity.
- Scan all protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TCP, UDP, DNS, SMTP and POP3 to block network, application, and protocol-based attacks.
- Update signatures without interruption as new threats emerge.
- WatchGuard provides LiveSecurity Plus with every NGFW Bundle and Security Bundle for 24x7 technical support, hardware warranty, and software updates. Customers can upgrade to LiveSecurity Gold or LiveSecurity Platinum for extended protection.
- Advance Hardware Replacement (RMA) program that ships a replacement via pre-paid, next-day air freight in advance of receiving the returned appliance.
- Upgrade to Premium 4 Hr RMA (available in select regions) and within 4 hours of approval by WatchGuard support, replacement appliances are delivered on-site.
Up to 25 Gbps firewall throughput and 10 Gbps VPN throughput. Turn on optional security services and still see an amazing 6.7 Gbps throughput. WatchGuard leads the industry in performance when those critical services are enabled!
|Easily manage many appliances|
Distributed organizations and MSSPs will especially appreciate the intuitive tools that support policy creation, management, and enforcement across multiple locations.
Best-in-class security services boost protection in critical attack areas, including gateway AV, URL and web content filtering, intrusion prevention, app control, spam blocking.
|High port density|
Fourteen 1-GbE ports on the XTM 1520 support high-speed LAN backbone infrastructures, as well as gigabit WAN connections. Even better - on the 1525 model, six ports are 1GbE and four are 10Gb SFP+.
|Quick and secure setup|
Take advantage of innovative features like drag-and-drop VPN creation and RapidDeploy technology to make fast work of extending your network.
WatchGuard's advanced OS provides active/active high availability with load balancing, dynamic routing, VLAN support, and multi-WAN failover to ensure reliability.
Control the use of Web 2.0 and other applications on your network for tighter security, better use of bandwidth, and greater productivity.
|3 ways to manage your appliance|
Choose how you manage your WatchGuard appliance, using WatchGuard System Manager, the command line interface, and a web UI for access from anywhere.