Data is the most important asset to any organization whether it’s a small business or large organization. SonicWALL Continuous Data Protection (CDP) appliances provide local data backup, which is required for instant recovery. However, data must also be backed up to an offsite location to protect against fire, theft and other major natural disasters.
SonicWALL CDP Site-to-Site Backup is an offsite backup and recovery solution that securely sends data to an offsite CDP appliance and enables organizations to be up and running quickly after a disaster event. All data is securely transmitted and encrypted with an AES 256- bit encryption key. The SonicWALL Site-to-Site Backup solution automatically receives missioncritical data from CDP Series appliances and stores the latest version. IT Administrators can easily recover the data through a simple-to-use interface in the event that the CDP unit at the local site is not viable.
CDP Offsite Service Features and Benefits:• Continuous CDP appliance protection replicates data in real time to the offsite appliance, eliminating any backup vulnerability windows.
• Only incremental changes are transmitted offsite which ensures minimal bandwidth impact on the network.
• Point-and-click data recovery enables the administrator to have an organization up and running quickly and easily.
• AES 256-bit encryption key ensures all data is securely transmitted and stored encrypted.
• Confidential encryption key provides each end user with total control of their data. SonicWALL employees have no access to the key.
• Flexible configuration settings allows the administrator to send all or some mission-critical data residing on the CDP appliance to another CDP appliance.
• Recovery point objectives (RPO) ensure a current copy of an organization’s data is stored on the CDP appliance.
Data Center Features and Benefits:• Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems and emergency backup diesel generators are designed to keep power systems up and running even during a blackout.
• Earthquake protection is ensured with sound structural systems that meet and exceed seismic design requirements of local building codes.
• 24-hour on-site security with biometric identification and motion sensitive CCTV monitoring keeps the data protected from theft. The center is staffed with security officers around the clock.
• Redundant fire prevention is ensured with multizoned, dry pipe, water based fire suppression system with sensory mechanisms (sniffers) to sample air and provide alarms prior to pressurization and dual alarm (heat and/or smoke) activation necessary for water pressurization.
• Flood control is guaranteed because the facility is built above sea level with no basements, tightly sealed conduits, moisture barriers on exterior walls and dedicated pump rooms, drainage/evacuation systems and moisture detection sensors. Environment control is maintained