SonicWall VPN: Comparing SSL vs Global SonicWall VPN Licenses
What is the difference between SonicWall SSL VPN & Global VPN?
Comparing SonicWall SSL VPN & Global IPSec VPN services can be complicated. Both forms of remote access can provide secure connections for users, but they deliver this access in different ways. How Global IPsec VPN & SSL VPN services differ depends on which layers of the network that authentication, encryption, & distribution of data occurs. In the handy chart below, you can see a side-by-side comparison of our SSL VPN & Global VPN products.
SonicWall SSL VPN
- Latest in Secure Socket Layer data encryption
- Connect & perform faster than traditional IPSec VPN
- Best used in mixed network environment (PCs, tablets, mobile)
- Lightweight, easy to deploy client software
- Designed to work only with SonicWall firewalls & SMA Devices
SonicWall Global VPN
- Proven technology with strong data encryption
- Best used in an all-Windows network
- Setup can be more complex & costly than SSL VPN
- Decrypt via digital certificates or pre-shared private keys
- Compatible with some third-party VPN appliances